Also included in
- This unit is a part of my Geometry Curriculum Bundle. Unit 1 consists of lessons covering the basics of Geometry. There are three complete lessons with notes, practice, activities and assessment. The unit also contains an extra practice for the first two lessons. This unit covers point, line, plane,$15.07$16.75Save $1.68
- This is a complete High School Geometry Curriculum. You will receive a combination of worksheets, notes, quizzes, tests, projects and digital activities. All PDF resources can be used in a Google Classroom using the new Teachers Pay Teachers Easel Tool. I am a Texas teacher and I have tried my best$137.20$196.00Save $58.80
This measurement lesson is full of engaging content. Students will discover the segment and angle addition postulates and use them to set up and solve equations. There are 12 task cards to reinforce terminology, measurement skills and solving equations. I've added a 10 question worksheet to help students practice setting up and solving equations that are involved when dealing with angles and segments to give them extra practice in several different situations. Finally there is a short quiz as well as a Google Form Quiz that can be used to check for understanding. You will be happy to know that this activity can be used in a traditional classroom setting as well in a virtual learning situation. Look at the video preview to see the digital version. Use the create a digital resource button to the right to download the distance learning version for your digital needs.
Here is a quick rundown, of what students will be doing:
- Measuring segments and angles with rulers and protractors.
- Focusing on important vocabulary: between, interior, congruent
- Using segment and angle addition to set up and simplify expressions.
- Using segment and angle addition to set up and solve equations.
- A worksheet with 10 questions for setting up and solving equations for various segment and angle situations.
- Constructions for segment and angle bisectors using patty paper.
This resource is also in my Geometry Curriculum
Other items in the Geometry Curriculum:
Now Included: Google Form Quiz that covers distance, midpoint, inductive, deductive and conditional statements: Click Here
2nd Semester Starts Here:
College Ready Bundle:
Exponential Function Bundle:
Individual College Ready Packets:
ACT - Math Test Prep is here: