Angle Addition Postulate with roof trusses and Segment Addition Postulate with wall framing and studs!: 2 page visual "doodle notes" set -
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- definition of Segment Addition Postulate
- diagrams showing the property
- visual real-life situation with framing a wall using 2x4 studs
- practice & examples finding missing segment lengths
- definition of Angle Addition Postulate
- diagrams showing the geometry
- visual representation with 2 real types of roof trusses
- practice & examples finding missing angle measures
- *Includes expressions as angle measures - Students must write an equation to solve.
- Challenge to find all angle measures in a roof truss
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
You might also like:
High School Geometry Super Bundle
Transversals & Parallel Lines: Rolling Ball Challenge
Logic and Deductive Reasoning Activity Bundle