Also included in
- This is a MEGA bundle of all our Beginning Fluency Homework for pre and beginning readers mastering letter naming fluency, letter sound fluency, and segmenting and blending fluency (nonsense word fluency). This mega bundle will also grow to include any future levels or sets as we add them- for free!$49.95$93.00Save $43.05
- This is a bundle of 57 weeks (114 pages) of segmenting and blending fluency homework designed to help support your students in mastering nonsense word fluency. When good readers come to an unknown word, they know how to segment and blend the word by taking it apart into its sounds and then putting t$20.00$28.00Save $8.00
12 weeks of homework, practice, or intervention to improve preschool, kindergarten, first grade, or second grade students' nonsense word reading fluency. This is Segmenting & Blending Fluency Level A.
Need more fluency resources for pre-readers? Check out the Beginning Fluency Mega Bundle for an awesome deal on all our resources for mastering letter name, letter sound, and segmenting and blending -nonsense word- fluency.
What does Level A segmenting & blending look like?
- organized around same vowel word families
- 3 letter CVC words
- one vowel per week
- progresses slowly
Day 1 - students practice blending the sounds in words from a single word family. Then they match words and pictures.
Day 2 - students practice blending the sounds in words from a new word family or review the previous day's words. Then they match words and pictures.
Day 3 - students blend a larger group of words from 2 word families. The words in each word family are grouped together. Then they circle the word that matches the picture.
Day 4 - students read 2 rows of words. The week's word families are mixed together. Then students write the words that match the pictures.
Note: To avoid parent frustration, every activity includes a picture key.
Level A word families:
- Week 1: -at
- Week 2: -at, -an
- Week 3: -ad, -ag, -ap
- Week 4: -ig
- Week 5: -ig, -ip
- Week 6: -it, -in
- Week 7: -op
- Week 8: -og, -ot
- Week 9: -ug, -un
- Week 10: -ut, -ub
- Week 11: -et, -en
- Week 12: -ed, -eg
Print the pages you need for the week and copy them back-to-back. Students work on one page per week at home. The assignment is set up to make this run as smoothly as possible for Mom and Dad. Each page is divided into 4 sections and labeled Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4. Students practice reading the CVC words for the day and then complete a quick task to help strengthen phonemic skills. There are also weekly parent tips to give families ideas of how to support their students at home.
Each week contains:
- 2 pages (copy double-sided)
- 4 days of word reading and phonemic skill building tasks
- Parent Tip
Segmenting & Reading Fluency Level A:
- 12 weeks (24 pgs) segmenting & blending fluency - same vowel word families
Other Fluency Beginning Bundles:
- Letter Name Fluency Bundle
- Letter Sound Fluency Bundle
- Segmenting & Blending Fluency Bundle (contains this set)
- Kindergarten Fluency Homework bundle (contains a small amount of segmenting & blending practice)
- First Grade Fluency Homework bundle
- Second Grade Fluency Homework bundle