*Encoding and Decoding
*PDF in color and black and white (helping teachers save money on color copies :) ).
The student will blend sounds of letters to make words.
Students make new words by manipulating one letter at a time.
1. Provide the student with scissors and a target word student sheet.
2. Cut the letters from the bottom of the letter sheet and place them in a row.
3. Select the corresponding letters to make the word on the bottom step. Say the sounds of each letter, blend them, and read the word orally (e.g., “/t//i//p/, tip”).
4. Exchange one of the letters to make a new real word. Blend them, and read the new word (e.g., “/n//i//p/, nip”).
5. Record the word on the next step.
6. Continue until all the steps are filled