Selective Breeding and Hybridization - PowerPoint and Handouts Bundle.
Students will learn about the genetic processes of selective breeding and hybridization with this lesson complete with three activities:
1. Pick Me! Pick Me! Hybrid Article Analysis:
Students will learn how hybrids have evolved (or NOT!) in nature to adapt to their surroundings and survive in this popular news article. Questions have been added to go along with the article so that students can apply their understanding of the information gathered. Internet access required for this portion of the lesson.
Includes link to article, brief notes covering hybrids covered in 5 PowerPoint slides and 3 pages of student handouts and answer keys.
2. Selective Breeding and Hybridization Sales Campaign Project
- As a new employee of Selective Breeding and Hybridization Inc, your students will create an Ad Campaign for a new line of “hybridized” organisms.
3. Genetics Hybrid Animal Activity Hands-on Hybridization
-Students create real hybrids in the classroom using the accompanying cards to determine the advantages and possible disadvantages of hybrid organisms.
Buy this lesson on its own or GO BIG and buy it in our 4-5 week Genetics Bundled Unit
which comes with a 115+ PowerPoint slide presentation and 160+ handouts for teaching Genetics and Heredity in your classroom.
Consider using this with some of our other products in our store:
- Genetics Task Cards
- Genetics Word Wall
- Fortune Teller Life Science Vocabulary Bundle
which includes four cootie catchers aligned with our genetics unit.
- Winter Themed Punnett Square Practice Problems and Activity
- Fall Themed Punnett Square Practice Problems and Activity
Take a look at Getting Nerdy with Mel and Gerdy‘s:
Getting Nerdy Blog
We aim to please. Before leaving feedback, please contact us via "Ask a Question" and let us know if we can help make our products better for you and your students.
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Genetics: Selective Breeding and Hybridization Reading, Game and Project by © Getting Nerdy, LLC