Selena Movie Guide Questions Spanish Women's History Month Selena Quintanilla
- Google Drive™ folder
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This Spanish Editable Movie Guide bundle includes 14 editable Google doc movie guides for Spanish class. The differentiated options of questions in both Spanish & English mean you could use variations of the Spanish class movie guides with all levels of Spanish you teach all year and especiallyPrice $39.99Original Price $67.93Save $27.94
This editable Selena movie guide is designed for Spanish students while watching the film Selena in Spanish class about Selena Quintanilla. The Selena movie questions would be the perfect complement to a study of the music of Selena, the Mexican-American experience, Women's History Month in Spanish class, or the book Selena from Fluency Matters. The differentiated options in Spanish and English mean you could use variations of this one guide with all levels you teach.
- Page 1 - character description chart with space to draw characters
- Page 2 - 20 comprehension questions about film in ENGLISH OR
- Page 3 - 20 comprehension questions about film in SPANISH to fill out while watching. (Pick which set best fits your class level)
- Page 4 - 3 post-viewing discussion questions in SPANISH & character matching in novice SPANISH (The post-viewing sheet could be used as an assessment after watching the film.
- Movie guide Keys for all four pages included
Selena would be a great movie to show during Hispanic Heritage Month, Women's History Month, or to complement the study of her music all year. It would be perfect for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4, exploratory Spanish, or a Latin American culture class.
The 1997 movie Selena is rated PG and can be purchased on Youtube, Amazon, or on DVD. Check your local public library for a free rental!
What audio and subtitles to use for the movie Selena?
**Make sure to get a DVD or online version where you can change both the audio and subtitles as needed. As always, do what works best for your school and classes. Here is what I would personally do:
- Spanish audio & Spanish subtitles - upper-level students
- Spanish audio & English subtitles - novice level students
- English audio - exploratory Spanish or culture class
This is an editable Google Drive resource!
What other teachers are saying about this movie guide
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Fantastic resource to use with Level 1 Spanish class. The students enjoyed using adjectives to describe family members and the comprehension questions were easy to follow along with. - Sandra C.
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I so appreciate all the work that went into this!! My students absolutely adore Selena and I love showing it!! This resource helps make showing the film even more intentional/more easily connected to content - Libby H
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great resource for Selena - I love sharing her story with my students. After they know about her and have listened to her music, they usually ask for her music when I play some in class! - Elizabeth M (10th-12th grades)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great resource to use with the movie. A lot students have never heard of Selena Quintanilla, so the movie was an introduction to this wonderful singer! - Lisa B (Grades 9-12)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ At first I was nervous about using this resource because I'd never used Google to present info, but this was super simple to use! The questions were well thought out and easy for my students to grasp. I purchased this yesterday and used it today and my students loved using this to learn more about Selena. - Deidre L (Grades 10-11)
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
✅ Interpretive Communication
✅ Presentational Communication
✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
✅ Cultural Comparisons
Bundle up for the best deals possible!
- Get the Movie Guide Bundle for this film plus Coco, Vivo, Ferdinand, Pachamama, El camino de Xico, Selena, Dora & the lost City of Gold, The Book of Life & Canela
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a Google resource that will be found in your Drive in a folder called my purchases.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- For more information & bonus activities for Selena > Mis Clases Locas
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.