Teachers of the Deaf: Do you need an easy way to identify your student's self-advocacy needs?
Need a starting point for discussing common problems and brainstorming solutions? Check out this self advocacy problems and solutions worksheet and game.
This Resource Includes:
• Worksheets: space with 4 or 5 problems and solutions
• 10 Equipment Problems and Solutions
• 10 Noise and Hearing Problems and Solutions
• NEW: Problems and Solutions Board Game
• Go over the problems with your deaf or hard of hearing students. Which problems do they face during the school day? Have the students identify four or five problems they experience.
• Cut out these problems and glue onto worksheet.
• Brainstorm solutions for these problems. Either find the solutions from the suggestions, or write in your own solutions.
• Use the board game to reinforce self-advocacy skills throughout the year
Check out some of my other TOD resources:
Auditory Comprehension Strategies and Passages
Vocab Task Cards
Teacher of the Deaf Monthly Consult Checklist
Remember to follow me for future freebies and other TOD resources!