Also included in
- Practice social-emotional skills with games! These activities help for building empathy, perspective-taking, executive functioning skills, social communication, and social problem solving! Each game comes with a huge selection of student cards and activities so you can play the games again and againPrice $45.00Original Price $65.00Save $20.00
- Use these self-control lessons, activities, and task cards to teach self-control and self-regulation skills. Materials are engaging and interactive to provide practice and support along the way! Make learning these critical social emotional skills fun with this set.Digital and Print VersionsNote thaPrice $29.00Original Price $38.00Save $9.00
Use this self-control board game to teach and practice skills for self-control and self-regulation. Kids and young adults will roll a dice and move through a game board as they answer questions related to self-control. The entire game has a fun race car and speedway theme!
Digital AND Print!
A digital version for Google Slides is also included. To access, open the file with "digital directions" in the title. Click the link in the blue box and you will be able to play! Of course, a printable version is still included.
Why Teach Self-Control
Self-control is a critical skill that helps us manage our thoughts, words, actions, and emotions. Teaching self-control can help kids and young adults learn to stop and think before making a decision. In turn, this helps learners to make better choices for now and in the future.
While all learners can benefit from improving their skills with self-control, this game is specifically helpful for students who are impulsive or struggle with social situations.
How to Play
Students can play in groups of two to four. Students will take turns rolling the dice and moving forward on the game board. When they land on a spot, they will use the picture to tell them which card to pick up and read. Students will read the card and discuss the question or act out the strategy to practice. Once a card is completed, it can be returned to the bottom of the pile. Then, the next player will go. Because the game includes over 160 unique cards, the game can be played again and again!
Each set of cards targets self-control skills with a race car theme:
- Driver's Ed: Test your self-control knowledge
- Check Your Engine: Think about your emotions and reactions
- Stop & Think: Stop, think, and practice self-control with real-life situations
- Road Test: Decide how others do with self-control skills
Possible answers are included so that students can play entirely on their own! Just print the answer sheets as a reference for when students need it.
Note that both black/white and color options are included. Blank cards are also included to make your own self-control questions and situations, as needed.
Buy the Social Emotional Learning Games Bundle!
Use this set of games to practice critical social emotional skills including building empathy, perspective-taking, executive functioning skills, social communication, and social problem solving! Four games are included with a huge selection of student cards and activities so you can play the games again and again.
Tips for Customers:
- If you have questions, please contact me through Q & A and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
- Please consider leaving feedback on this resource to receive TpT credits! I always strive for 5 stars and love hearing your feedback.
- Follow my store for notifications about new resources and freebies.
Disclaimer: These resources are for supplementary support/education purposes and are not a replacement for education or other necessary supports. Educators, parents, and others who utilize these materials are encouraged to seek out additional support, as needed.