Help build a positive classroom climate! These writing prompts can help kindergarten or first grade students build self esteem as they think about things they like about themselves and what makes them special. There are 9 prompts with different picture variations (one boy, one girl, and one blank box for drawing). There is also a descriptive word list for reference. There are 24 pages in all.
I have also added the same prompts with a different style of solid line (black, grey, grey, black). You now have the option of which lines to use. This is why there are another 24 pages added in.
Ways to Use
• use them at your writing center
• make a bulletin board display for your classroom
• create a class book together (each student writes and illustrates one page)
• have students complete one at the beginning of the year and another at the end of the year and compare them
• use for students who need to think positively about themselves
• write, color, and share with a partner
You may also like:
• Primary Writing Prompts
© 2017 Melissa Freeman: The Teaching Rabbit