Need a resource to engage your counseling program's youngest learners? This packet of Primary Social-Emotional Centers on Self-Management will meet your needs!
This packet includes 6 interactive, independent centers to reinforce Self-Management (strategies for cooling and calming down) for Pre-K, Kindergarten, and 1st Graders. An “I Can” statement as well as instructions for the educator on prep and implementation are included with each center.
Students are given extra practice to name, label, identify, describe, and discuss self-management strategies to cool or calm down through:
1) Roll-a-Strategy - roll the dice and color in or write in a self-management strategy
2) Cool Down Strategy Puzzles - match cool down strategies phrases to images (and a few images to images for pre-readers)
3) A Good Strategy Is vs. Isn't Sorts - sort positive self-management strategies vs. negative ones by image
4) Play Dough Practice - practice using play dough as a means to cool or calm down using prompts to guide the activity
5) Write the Room - hunt the room for self-management strategies (and work on beginning sounds too)
6) My Cool Down Book - create a book of when and how to cool or calm down and practice spelling these words
Check out the Preview for an picture of each Center in action!