Self-Management - Grades 3-5 - SEL - Lesson Plans, Activities & more!
What educators are saying
Teaching Self Management to your students can be a challenge. It can be even harder when there is no curriculum for you. Now, you don't have to worry about the curriculum anymore because it is created for you!
Week 1: Self Regulation
- Identifying Emotions
- Identifying Behavior
- Identifying Thoughts
- Calm Down Strategies
Week 2: Handling Stress
- Identifying Stress
- Handling Stress
- Maintaining Attention
Week 3: Self Motivation & Goals
- Creating Goals & Why
- Goals for school
- Goals for home
- Motivating yourself
Week 4: Organizational Skills
- Ideas to organize your desk
- Ideas to organize your room
- Morning Routine Organization
- Nighttime Routine Organization
What is Included in this Resource?
- 20 detailed lessons
- Included in the lessons: Introduction, Discussion, Daily Activity, and Conclusion
- Toolbox with strategies to support students new learning
- 20 Days of a Daily Journal
- Anchor Charts
About this unit:
1. It should take about 20 school days (a month) to complete. You can complete each lesson in 15 minutes, however you can extend it if you want.
2. All discussion prompts are included and you have all of your material included in the unit.
3. All the planning for SEL time is done for you and there is a weekly overview of the lessons.
4. This does align with CASEL's SEL Competencies.
5. I would recommend this unit for 3rd-5th grade classrooms.
Self Management Skills:
- Managing one’s emotions
- Identifying and using stress management strategies
- Exhibiting self-discipline and self-motivation
- Setting personal and collective goals
- Using planning and organizational skills
- Showing the courage to take initiative
- Demonstrating personal and collective agency
- From: CASEL
Teachers like you said:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This has been such a great resource as it targets so many SEL skills my students are working on! I loved how simple it was to incorporate into our daily lessons and routines. It's been so helpful!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Our morning starts with family meeting and an SEL lesson. This resource helped me extend on my lessons beyond what our curriculum provided. This was a great place to go back to when I was stuck or needed something to supplement that days lesson.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️SEL has been a big focus this year, and early on and during testing, my kids have struggled a bit with stress. This resource helped them develop strategies for managing stress, which will be so helpful as they move onto middle school.
You may also like...
No Prep! Class Meetings - Morning Meetings - Grades 3-5
Building Relationships - Grades 3-5 - SEL - Lesson ...
Copyright © A Teacher's Wonderland, LLC.
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.