Self-Paced Reading Lessons – 4th & 5th Grade Reading Review
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (8)
showing 1-5 of 8 products
Do you ever wish you could duplicate yourself so you could provide additional small-group reading instruction? Or have you ever wished that small-group reading lessons could be self-paced with all the parts of strong reading instruction?
These self-paced reading lessons provide additional review and instruction for your students, mimicking what they would get from small-group reading instruction.
These are the skills included in this bundle:
- Making Inferences (Fiction)
- Point of View
- Paired Point of View
- Comparing and Contrasting Story Elements
- Context Clues (Fiction & Nonfiction)
- Main Idea
- Text Structure
Each self-paced reading lesson includes:
- Skill Review – Review of the skill focus (each lesson has one specific skill focus) with questions to guide students as they read the story (the questions are focused on the skill)
- Introduction to the Story – Introduction to the story with a specific reading focus tied into the skill
- Vocabulary – Vocabulary words with kid-friendly definitions and connections to the story and optional extension activities
- Engaging Text – A one-page length passage written at a 4th/5th grade reading level
- After-Reading Questions – Skill-focused questions to be answered after reading the text
- Extension - Optional discussion or writing prompts
- Answer Keys (optional discussion/writing prompts do not include answer keys as many are subjective)
Here are some ways to use the self-paced reading lessons:
- Skill practice after initial instruction
- Reading centers or stations
- Test prep
- Whole class/whole group reading lessons
- Virtual reading lessons
About the Digital Versions
The digital version is ideal for an engaging self-paced reading center or station. It has been redesigned for optimal student use in Google Slides and contains the same content as the printable version.
There are two digital options: independent or whole class. The activities are altered, depending on your preference of use. Digital access can be found on pages 4-6 of each PDF.