EMOTION REGULATION BUNDLE + STUDENT WORKBOOK!
This product outlines group/whole class 10 x 45minute session plans for introducing self-regulation and emotion recognition to students in early elementary (approx up to 10 years of age). Everything you need is included in the bundle. The only additional items are scissors, glue, and an ipad or smart TV to show YouTube videos (links for videos are included)
These products aim to;
- Develop self regulation skills
- Develop emotion regulation skills
- Build emotion vocabulary
- Develop fine motor skills
- Develop visual scanning skills
- Identify emotions
- Identify facial expressions
- Identify body cues/physiological cues
- Identify scenarios in which they felt different emotions
- Identify things that trigger them and cause them to feel like they are going to explode
- Strategies to use when emotions get too big and you fell like you will explode
Full of engaging activities including;
- Colouring page for each group of emotions
- Page with a definition and emotion words for each group, including a colour image
- Counting activities; E.g., 'How many faces are feeling happy?'
- Drawing lines to match emotion words
- Drawing what their face looks like for different emotions
- Drawing or writing times they have felt in that emotion
- Drawing or writing their body cues for that emotion
- Emotion word searches
- Colour-in certificate at the end of the final booklet for students to personalise.
- YouTube video links to assist in identifying and naming different emotions
- Emotion word wall to build vocabulary
- A4 color emotion posters and MORE!
This product can be used on its own independent from any other resource or in conjunction with any behavior/social/self-regulation curriculum, school wide positive behavior, students with additional needs, students with sensory processing difficulties and/or those on the Autism Spectrum.
Some of the materials included in this bundle are sold separately on TpT. Below is a complete list of what you will receive. If the item is listed separately please click the link to read a detailed description of that product
10 x 45 minute Session Plans
Create a calming corner or sensory box
- 9-page sensory resource pack. Includes information about sensory tools, ideas for items to include in your classroom, what type of sensory feedback each item provides, ideas of how to use it in your classroom, any safety precautions if applicable, how to create a calming corner in your classroom etc. The sheets can be cut, laminated and attached to a keyring to make a sensory tool flipbook.
Create a poster for each feeling group
- 7 pages of clipart that can be used to create posters that represent different feelings/emotions (blue, green, yellow and red)
'Heavy Work in the classroom' information sheet + strategies
- What is heavy work and how can I use it to assist my students?
Animal Movement Breaks
- 20 Double sided animal cards that can be used as brain break, movement breaks or sensory breaks for students
Fiddle Toy Parent/Teacher Handout/Info Strategies + Rules Poster
What are fiddle toys/tools?
- Which students should use them?
- Rules poster for students to ensure correct use in the classroom
Triggers Worksheets x 5
- Triggers worksheet displayed with 4 different images
- One image is a double up due to terminology in the USA and Australia (soda can/soft drink can)
- Opens discussion with students - what triggers me? What makes me feel like I want to explode? What doesn't bother me at all?
Stay Calm Student Booklet
- Individual student worksheet - 3 different themes
- Student cut and past strategies into their strategy toolbox
- Students can refer to their individualised booklet when they need help returning to the green zone
YouTube Video Resource List
- 40+ Video links for YouTube
- Videos for exploring/introducing emotions, and videos for each feelings group
23 Full Page Emotion Posters
Color coded by feelings groups
- Perfect for classroom displays
23 Emotion Word Wall Cards
- Color coded by feelings groups
- Perfect for writing centres
Student Reflection + Parent Communication Notes
- 4 Different versions for students to complete
- Foster reflection on emotional states and strategies students may or may not have used
Individual Student Workbook
- Over 40 pages of activities
- Certificate for students to color at the end of the booklet
- Covers all emotion groups (blue, green, yellow, red)
***Download the preview file to see everything included in this bundle***
You can buy with confidence from Tiny Tackers Therapy, knowing that all of our resources are overseen by Pediatric Occupational Therapists with the appropriate knowledge, skills and expertise to ensure resources are developmentally appropriate for students and based on research evidence.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
⭐ BRAIN BREAKS - Self Regulation Sensory Movement Breaks
⭐ Emotion Self Regulation: EMOJI Check In Worksheet
⭐ Emotion self Regulation: ZONES Daily Check In Emoji pack
⭐ Emotional Self Regulation: check In Poster pack - customizable
⭐ Self Regulation/Sensory: Animal Movement Brain Break Strategy cards
⭐ Self regulation Emotions Behavior Reflection Sheet + Parent reflection note
⭐ Self regulation Emotions Feelings: Parent/Teacher Handout/Info Sheet Strategy
⭐ Self regulation Emotions/Feelings: 10 session plan + workbook Elementary
⭐ Self regulation Emotions/Feelings: Daily Check In Desk/Table Strips
⭐ Self regulation Emotions/Feelings: Pre/Post Assessment Progress Tracking Tool
⭐ Self regulation Emotions: 24 A4 + A3 Feelings Posters
⭐ Self regulation Emotions: Game Bundle - Bingo, Charades, Puzzles + More!
⭐ Self regulation Emotions: YouTube 40+ Video Resource List
⭐ Self regulation Emotions:/Behaviour Management: Voice Volume Meter
⭐ Whole Body Listening: Poster + Workbook - classroom management
⭐ Word Wall: Self regulation Emotions/Feelings: 23 color cards
Please go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase, you’ll see a 'Provide Feedback' button. Click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
© 2018 Tiny Tackers Therapy
This product is to be used by the buyer only for his or her classroom.
You are not permitted to resell, distribute, or claim this product as your own.
Please direct others interested in using these resource back to the original source (this page). Multiple licenses can be purchased if you wish to share with other teachers.