Self-Regulation Skills Instruction: School's Sensory Room Curriculum
What educators are saying
Also included in
- I have bundled together over 120 resources that I developed over the past 10 years. Based on my 29 years of clinical experience, I chose these tried-and-true tools for school-based or private practice pediatric OTs working in a variety of settings, including virtual, in-home, clinic-based, and schooPrice $355.99Original Price $568.81Save $212.82
As a part of your school’s positive behavior supports or IEPs, are you working to teach self-regulation skills? Do you have children who need tier II and tier III interventions for sensory or emotional-behavioral issues? Do you want to designate an area in your room or school where you go with children to teach self-awareness skills and self-regulation strategies? Are you always trying to ‘calm down’ active and restless children so they can do academic tasks? Do you want to track data on what strategies were used and what the results of your interventions were? Do you want your children to learn what helps them to calm down when they are restless, angry, or upset? If you are using a sensory space or self-regulation space do you want to improve consistency with para-professional staff carryover and adherence to your programming? Do you want kids to take what they learn in a sensory room and have specific strategies to use in their classrooms?
Move~Work~Breathe is an Occupational Therapist designed self-regulation curriculum. It can be used with elementary age children with Autism, Emotional Behavioral Disturbance, Intellectual Disabilities, ADHD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Sensory Dysregulation, and more. This curriculum provides an effective, time-efficient structured system to give out of classroom breaks, improve self-awareness and self-advocacy, teach specific self-regulation skills so that kids have tools to use in their classrooms. This system will get kids moving, give them the benefits of a brainpower boost [from getting their heart rate up], give them heavy work and isometrics to help them calm down, and help them learn techniques to quiet and control their bodies in order to return to their academic work.
Setting up a self-regulation space with four important areas.
Setting up and maintaining a self-regulation plan.
Creating alternative plans
Sample IEP goals & objectives
Professional Development Materials:
Purpose and use of self-regulation space
Using the four areas
Supporting the categorization of feelings and actions by color zones
BREATHE & BREATHE ~Alternatives
Data Collection Sheet
Tap In-Tap Out [Compatible with Zones of Regulation©]
‘Self-Regulation is’ banner
Hero themed informational and affirmation posters
>>>Plan and Task Cards>>>
MOVE~ 24 tasks + blank cards
WORK~ 15 tasks + blank cards
BREATHE~ 12 tasks
BREATHE Alternatives~ 15 tasks
Feeling or Action sort
Color Space sort
My Plan of Acton
When I am in red, yellow, green, and blue....
Color-coded task cards give students managed choices. This simple system is easily used as-is for any child, and is easily individualized to meet the specific needs of multiple individual children in a building. It is adaptable to your situation and the space and tools that you have available.
Purchase of this product includes an all-school license. Any teacher, therapist, behavioral support person, or school may purchase Move~Work~Breathe to use with all students within that one building. This is a growing bundle; after you purchase it you can freely download updates. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request additional materials.
************* TESTIMONIALS *******************
* Seriously one of the BEST things I've EVER PURCHASED from TPT! I am a SPED teacher (K-3rd) and have used this with students in every grade level. I've been teaching to it in my social/emotional/behavior support groups, we've practiced the activities together and students are actually UTILIZING the strategies in their general education classrooms!!!! I mean, 1st graders are asking for breaks and following through to self-regulate!!!! How amazing is that?!!! I recommend 100%. Worth every penny!!!!! I will admit--these do take time to make (printing, laminating, cutting, velcro, etc.)... But, again, worth every second!
* I teach in an inclusion classroom and have often struggled with this component. You laid it all out in a direct, clear, and concise manner. It has made such a difference this year! Thank you.
*This is an absolutely amazing resource. This transformed my sensory space from chaotic to calm and really helped my TA's to know how to help kids self-regulate. Thank you so much!
*I love the range of activities in this pack. Easy to implement in the classroom with the assistance of an aide in younger grades and independently in middle primary.
* This resource is fantastic. It is working very well in my classroom with several students who need self-regulation breaks.
* Great resource! The pictures are so engaging and the content is clear, well-written and makes the concepts easy for our young clients to understand.
* I'm excited to use these materials to create a common language and teach self-regulation in the classroom.
* Great resource for school teams, easy and consistent for everyone to use.
* Saved my behavior room!! Great ideas for providing structure to our time out room.
* Great program with easy to follow instructions
* I have set these up as centers in the classroom and the kids love them.
* This product DRAMATICALLY reduces the creative aspect of making materials AND is created by a qualified expert who CLEARLY understands the importance of teaching self regulation, keeping data on the effectiveness to inform instruction and how it can work seamlessly in the classroom. THANK YOU!
* I love this system! I have been wanting something like this for my entire career.
* Given this programming, we can now use this for Tier II interventions for children that have repeated behavioral referrals.
* I loved this bundle! I actually purchased it for home use for my son and it has been amazing!
* This is the best product I have found so far to help me teach my students with autism how to better regulate themselves. The visuals are awesome and I appreciate the thorough explanation on how to implement this product.
For additional Visual Supports, Behavior, and Self-Regulation Tools: from Print Path
➜ Visual Supports: Self Regulation and Classroom Participation~Special Ed BUNDLE
➜ Visual Supports: Locker Skills and Locker Routines
➜ Flexible Bathroom Social Stories for Girls
➜ Flexible Bathroom Social Stories for Boys
➜ Occupational Therapy: Visual Supports to Increase the Effectiveness of Therapy
# Occupational Therapy #Sensory-Regulation # Positive Behavioral Supports