Students will learn self-regulation strategies with this engaging coping skills classroom lesson that includes a PowerPoint presentation and printable activities for learning and practicing coping skills, perfect for classroom counseling or small group counseling.
Other uses: Display these printables in designated “cool-down” areas/calming corners in the classroom or use as activities in small group counseling sessions. Print and laminate in color and add magnet strips or Velcro backing to keep in your office for individual and small group use.
Your zip file includes a 26-page PDF and a 12-page PPTX file:
- Lesson Plan with ASCA Mindsets and Behaviors Standards
- 9-slide presentation (included in PDF and as a separate, non-editable PPTX file)
- "Store Up Coping Skills" printable activity
- 32 coping skills cards (24 color, 8 blank)
- "Acknowledge Your Feelings" - drawing and matching activity with feeling faces (color and black/white versions)
- Color printable "Cope at School - Make a Choice" is ideal for a calm corner/quiet space you've designated in your classroom/office. Simply print and laminate!
- Blank "Cope at School - Make a Choice" printable for students to fill in
Other self-regulation resources:
Don't forget to leave a review to earn credits toward future TPT purchases!
Join Counselor Station for counseling resources and sales news!