Also included in
- This bundle includes my favorite and best-selling products for middle school SLPs! By purchasing this bundle, you save 20% compared to buying the resources individually. Check out everything that is included below to make sure it is appropriate for your caseload prior to purchasing. PS: I recently rPrice $100.00Original Price $127.00Save $27.00
Use this resource to make targeting communication, self-awareness, and social knowledge in mixed groups so much easier! This resource includes ideas and visuals for direct instruction, discussion, and self-reflection on a variety of important skills.
I use these focus sheets to introduce motivated students to one skill at a time, discuss the skill, and then reflect on their understanding and use of the skill.
Included is one half-sheet “focus sheet” for the following skills:
- Having self-confidence
- Planning ahead
- Being flexible
- Knowing how you feel
- Processing a feeling
- Asking for what you need
- Slowing down
- Using positive self-talk
- Sharing the conversation
- Staying on topic
- Starting conversations
- Asking great questions
- Making great comments
- Using your body to focus
- Tone of voice
- Having "just right" energy
- Personal space
- Taking turns
- Body language
- Being kind
- Solving problems
- Giving compliments
- Sharing how we feel
- Reading the room
- Understanding perspective
- Using the right volume
- Using your brain's filter
In total, there are 28 focus sheets included!
In addition, I've included these files to make the implementation of this resource even easier. All of them encourage your students to reflect on how well they understand and use the targeted skill.
- 1-page reflection questions poster
- Half-sheet, self-reflection sheets
- Self-assessment form with editable text boxes (for use on the computer if desired!)
- Editable Google Slide™️ version of the self-assessment form
- Two Google Forms™️ with the self-assessment and reflection questions!
to get a good idea of the resource prior to purchase!
For more info on how I use these visuals, plus some of the research behind social skills groups, and suggested goals, check out my blog post!
During a session, each student can have their own focus sheet or the entire group can focus on the same skill together. These are particularly useful for mixed groups when you’re working on a language or articulation activity, but also want your students working on self-regulation, self and social awareness skills, and/or executive functioning to be able to benefit and grow from the activity. Simply provide the focus sheet, teach, & reinforce! These skills can be practiced during ANY activity - including games!
Most of the focus sheets include a useful visual to help your students understand each skill, however this resource is most useful for readers. Age-appropriate graphics are used - no "baby" clip art!
Check out other products I know you'll love below:
If you have any questions about this packet, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
☟ Let's stay in touch! Sign up for my email newsletter and follow me on social media to hear about freebies, new product releases, and helpful ideas for your therapy room! ☟