Let's face it, if we were to let the kids do whatever they wanted, it would involve a phone, tablet, or computer.
GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT, and earn the "Coolest Teacher Award" in the process!
This is a drawing and writing activity for classroom teachers and/or art teachers. Start the year with an introduction, a monthly checkin during holidays, and an end of the year reflection with a memory book collection that they'll treasure forever.
File package includes:
- a blank template for the students' self portrait, or "selfie" portrait
- a blank template for the students' to write their response to your question
- nine pre-written questions that make your life easier
1 - How was your summer?
2 - What do you want to be for Halloween?
3 - What are you Thankful for?
4 - What are your plans over Winter Break?
5 - What are you going to ask Santa for this year?
6 - What is your New Year's Resolution?
7 - What do you love?
8 - What are your plans for Spring Break?
9 - What are you going to plan your summer doing?
- Each of the 9 questions comes with a pre-made sign that you can use to display with the students' selfies and stories.
- Have a different question? That's okay! A powerpoint presentation of all of the questions is also included so you can edit or add your own questions!
The best part of this project comes at the end of the year. Collect each students Selfie Shares, punch a hole in the corners and bind with yarn or a ribbon. Each student gets to bring home their own yearbook of memories! Parents will LOVE this project and immediately file in the "KEEP FOR LIFE" pile.
These would also make great exit slips or output activities for kids to use on a daily basis!
Don't forget to rate my products to earn TPT credits!