This 5 lesson unit has music students creating a commercial song to "sell" a favorite subject at their school. They use a familiar song to re-write new lyrics, or they can make a brand new song.
This unit ties in to the following National Music Standards:
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture.