**** If you purchase this product, you do not have to purchase the movie guide separately! This bundle includes the movie guide!
DBQs are an excellent way to hit most of the Common Core standards in your class. If there is one activity that encapsulates the requirements of the Common Core - the DBQ is it!
This DBQ is designed to help students combine their knowledge of the movie "Selma" with primary/secondary source documents! This is a great culminating activity for the movie!
Prompt: Analyze the factors and events that led to the passage of the Voting Rights Act of 1965.
Here is a list of the documents:
1. Official Flyer, March on Washington, 1963
2. New York Times front Page, November 23, 1963
3. Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
4. Governor George C. Wallace, 1963 Inaugural Speech(1st Term)
5. Graphic overview of events, 1963-1965.
6. Officers beating the peaceful marchers, Selma, March 7, 1965
7. Voting Rights Act, 1965 (Excerpt of Section II)
This product goes perfectly with this DBQ Outline and rubric, which is included! This product includes the movie questions (it is a bundle)! Movie Guide + Essay Outline + DBQ = Awesome Activity!
If you want JUST want to purchase the video guide please click here:
Selma - Movie Guide & MLK Jr. Graphic Organizer