This lesson plan bundle will introduce your students to the major components of Semana Santa. The language is designed to be comprehensible for late-Spanish I/Spanish II students, but it can obviously be used in any level beyond that. The bundle includes
- A basic reading about Semana Santa with comprehension questions
- A more detailed version of the first reading with comprehension questions
- Pre and post-reading discussion questions for both readings
- A video activity
- A "paso" project with writing assignment and rubrics for Novice Low through Advanced Low
- An infograph activity
- A slideshow reading in Spanish with images about Central America's sawdust carpets
- Step-by-step lesson plans explaining how to use the materials provided
- Answer keys
The slideshow is editable and compatible with Google Slides!
These plans should last you at least three days, and more if you allow students to work on the project in class.
Please consider using this EXTREMELY basic reading before beginning these activities
Consider using this Semana Santa en España slideshow reading and activities in other levels or after the general activities packet
This reading about Cascarones with glyph activity is another perfect addition to a Semana Santa unit!
Or, get ALL of these products when you purchase this Semana Santa bundle