Target category knowledge and extend vocabulary with location and function questions. The students are also required to use their words in a sentence. This is a no prep, editable digital interactive notebook that can be used in Google Slides or PowerPoint. The pages/slides have click and type
text boxes and an easy way for children to search the web for pictures that match their chosen category items. This item could also easily be used as digital task cards.
For those students who need some prompting, there is a movable sticky note that reveals some picture clues related to the category.
Who could use this product?
This product could be useful for all teachers (including special education) and Speech Language Pathologists. The formatting has the intention to be visually appealing to all ages, while not being ‘cute’ or visually busy. This makes it great to use with older students in special education settings.
Previewing the Product:
Download the PDF preview to see how the slides look. To see the activity in action, check out this video
Activity Question Structure Example
• Name 3 things that belong in this category.
• Write them in the text boxes.
• Add a picture of them in the boxes below.
• Write word one/two/three again
• Where is this thing found?
• What is it used for?
• Use the word in a sentence.
This activity targets 12 categories, but more could easily be added by simply duplicating the slides. The text box that names the category is editable. The editable category heading means that NZ/AUS/UK users can quickly adjust the spelling if needed.
Categories Targeted In This Notebook:
2. Zoo animals
6. Clothes You Wear When It’s Hot
9. Things That Are Heavy
11. Places You Go Shopping
• Class/group activity with this projected from a device/laptop. Students take turns to name the words that fit the category and choose pictures to add from the internet.
• Work station activity for individual work.
• Assess category knowledge.
• Allow access (while complying with the TOU) so students could complete (some or all) of the notebook for homework.
• SLP use 1:1 or send home for homework.
• My students enjoy exporting the notebook as a video when finished.
Important Information To Consider Before Buying:
• This activity does not work on the google slides tablet app due to some of the limited formatting options. It works in the browser based google slides though so works great on a computer.
• For students to add images as intended they will need access to the internet. Instructions are included on the slides explaining how this is done in Power Point and Google Slides. For Google Slides, once the student has selected ‘replace image’, they will need to select the ‘search’ tab above to search google images for their picture.
1 Cut Picture Cards Template:
Quickly make picture cards for your students with this template.
Editable Board Game Templates:
Make any learning experience fun with these editable board game templates. Includes boards where you can easily add your own pictures or written questions/targets.
Tips For Customers:
Click the *star* above to follow my store.
If you enjoy this product, please leave positive feedback to gain credits for future purchases!
to connect with me on Facebook
to connect with me on Instagram
to connect with me on Pinterest
If you have any questions or problems, please contact me through the Q & A section. Emails are also welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org