This Fabulous FREEBIE is a two-for-one activity. Included are 20 pairs (40 cards) of semantically absurd compound sentence clauses with a fun frozen treat theme (perfect for summer)!
There are no "match" sets in this activity, simply make two piles: one with the beginning clauses, and one with the final clauses that include the coordinating conjunction "so". The player will flip one card from each pile to create a semantically absurd compound sentence.
Use this activity to target:
1. compound sentences with "so"
2. repairing semantic absurdities
3. have the client flip a card from pile one and finish the sentence
4. have the client repeat the sentence (auditory working memory)
5. have the client fill in the last word or phrase (cloze)
Use with any board game or toy you have on hand. Blank cards are included for making your own stimulus items.
Just Speechie SLP :-)