This activity booklet was designed to fulfill the requirements for the Senior Behind the Ballot badge or can be used by frontier girl leaders to earn similar badges.
This booklet will have activities that are hands on to keep the girls engaged while earning badge, it is designed to both educate the girls on the presidential election but generic enough that it can be any time not just during a presidential election year. The girls will learn the process and then create there own election nominating their favorite cookie for one of two cookie parties, and work through the process of a campaign with the cookie nominee.With step by step activities, you can’t ask for a easier way to run your meeting.
- Learn more about elections – Using resources provided in booklet and any additional information girls want to gather, they will make a road to the white house poster explaining the process of a election
- What do I need to know about voting – Your girls will become interviewers and using worksheet provided get the answer to a pile of voting questions they may have.
- Time to Vote – girls will learn more about motor voting laws and put together a bookmark to help others understand it.
- Campaign Creation – Girls will take everything they have learned so far and put together a campaign for top cookie of the year.
- Voting around the world – Learn more about how other countries vote around the world and then brainstorm how USA could change voting rules to get more people to vote.
Do you need more ideas on this topic? Gain even more free ideas to teach your girls more about voting and elections, click here.
Leader Connecting Leaders is not affiliated with The Girl Scouts of the USA. The products are not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by, or otherwise sponsored by The Girl Scouts of the USA