New tech knowledge smarts start here--1 byte at a time shorter duration, fun, easier workshops!
WORKSHOP 1 COMPUTER WORDS/TERMS
Word Meanings--What To Press, Touch, Mash To Get Started?
1. Understand the use of some basic computer terms.
2. Begin a very short online computer keyboarding course.
WORKSHOP 2 INTERNET
How to Go To Internet Websites
1. Go to websites for news, weather, sports, or entertainment.
2. Explore some currently cool and useful websites.
3. Google or Wikipedia research a topic(s).
WORKSHOP 3 E-MAIL
How to Compose, Send, & Open Your Email Messages
1. Log into your email account.
2. Compose and send an email.
3. Open and read email with attachments.
4. Save to a USB removable drive.
WORKSHOP 4 SOCIAL NETWORKS
How to Social Network Online with Family & Friends
1. Post messages and pictures to a social website.
2. Find family and friends to chat with.
WORKSHOP 5 ONLINE BUYING & SELLING
Explore Sites for Buying and Selling Online
1. Research at least 2 or more online buying and selling sites.
2. Practice taking photos for a listing and preparing a listing description.
WORKSHOP 6 WORD PROCESSING
How to Prepare and Print Cards, Event Documents, Articles
1. Take and upload photos to a document(s).
2. Open, create, save, edit, print, return to tweak as required.
WORKSHOP 7 POWERPOINT
How to Prepare & Present Your Photo-Essay Memoirs
1. Create a personal photo story presentation.
2. Prepare a speech on a topic of interest to you.
WORKSHOP 8 BOOKS: CREATE & PUBLISH YOURS
How Not to Go Broke Creating & Publishing Your Book(s)
1. Create and publish a hard copy book or an electronic eBook.
2. Use Createaspace self-publishing website—free of charge.
WORKSHOP 9 MOBILE COMPUTER DEVICES
How to Use More of the Features of an Ipad & Smartphone
3. Explore the latest and greatest features of hand held devices.
4. Take online virtual and real time hand held device field trips.
5. Discover new computer applications that enrich the lives of seniors.
6. BYOD, bring your own device and send spectacular photos.