** UPDATED as of 2/23/2017 to include all 24 videos such as NO LO TENGO, BILLY ENSEÑA LOS ANIMALES, and AMNESIA. (ME DUELE is also included in the update.)
My students LOVE Señor Wooly, and the subscription to his website is money well-paid!
So I created the SEÑOR WOOLY TOURNAMENT BRACKET which includes a tournament bracket in PDF form, an editable Word document, and ballots for voting.
1) Each of the students fill out their own bracket (just like a March Madness tournament bracket).
2) Each day we watch the videos from that round, and then the students vote by secret ballot.
3) We call out the votes, and reasons for each vote.
4) Each class votes and the video with the most votes moves on to the next round, and is added to the large classroom bracket.
For more information and examples of teacher's who have done the same with popular Spanish music see my blog post at mrsspanish.com
How did I divide the songs?
1) I divided 24 videos into 4 subcategories: Older videos, Newer Videos, Animated Videos and Wild Cards
2) There were 6 videos in each category. I chose my favorites and/or favorites from previous years in each category, and they got an immediate pass to the second round.