1. Identify the location and describe the function of major sense organs. *
2. Identify major parts of the human body and use their proper names. **
3. Identify the five senses and describe how each functions. ***
Grades 1 and 2 - Ontario Curriculum (also suitable for Kindergarten)
* - Grade 1 Science (Understanding Life Systems)
** - Grade 1 Health (Growth and Development)
*** - Grade 2 Health (Growth and Development)
. hearing . taste . touch . sight . smell .
This package includes:
- "I can" page (learning goals)
- 3 cover page choices (one boy, one girl, one with both)
- "my senses are" list template for students to complete
- a page of adjectives for each sense (to aid with student writing)
- label the main 5 sense organs (label cut-outs provided)
- draw and label your own face's sense organs
- word wall words (2 pages of 8 words each)
- observation checklist for assessment
- lists of possible provocations or centres for each sense
- 2 pages per sense (to draw subject then write/describe observations)
* writing pages provided with plain lines and primary printing lines
Read about it on my blog at http://misslaidlaw.blogspot.ca/2014/11/our-senses.html.
This product can be photocopied as whole-page worksheets to be put in a duotang or folder - or as a booklet. This product includes pre-made templates to create booklets in both primary printing lines and plain lines - ready to simply photocopy double-sided and staple!
Check out my Needs and Characteristics of Living Things
writing prompts for additional tasks on the Grade 1 Needs and Characteristics of Living Things curriculum (Science).
Remember to leave feedback in order to earn TPT points (which translates into free money for you!).
Do you teach the Ontario Grade 2 Science curriculum?
Check out my Simple Machines (Movement) Activities, Projects, and Assessments