Students will LOVE this fun Hot Chocolate Themed Sensory Bin during the cold WINTER months to practice counting and number recognition skills! This Winter Sensory Bin has engaging activity mats to help students practice basic number skills and following directions skills and also includes an Idea page and an AAC core vocabulary checklist to use during interactive play with non-verbal students. These activities are designed for preschool, primary, and special education classrooms.
What you need to create the sensory bin:
- plastic bin
- brown colored beans (4-5 bags depending on bin size)
- white pom poms
- 3-4 plastic mugs (Dollar Store)
- spoons, tongs, ladle, or any other utensils to use for fine-motor skill practice
*print the activity mats in the packet and laminate
Activities included for the sensory bin:
- Find and Match Latte Activity Mat and Picture Cards
- Count and Match! - Correct Number of Marshmallows Activity Mat and Picture Cards
- One to One Correspondence Activity Mat (marshmallow to mug picture)
- Match, Count, and Write! Mats #'s 1-10
- 3 Following Directions Mats (5-steps) with Photograph to Self Check
- Idea Page and Core Vocabulary Word Checklist for AAC to use during interactive play (put, in, on, more, have, like, want, yes, no) *please feel free to message me if you have any questions about how I use this activity with students*
- Label for the bin or folder
Keep all the activity mats in a folder, and put the contents of the bin in a ziplock bag for easy storage!
I hope you find this Hot Chocolate Sensory Bin Activity as fun and engaging with your students as I do with mine!
Other Sensory Bin Activities:
February Sensory Bin Activity
Other winter time activities:
Lifecycle of a Snowman
What Makes Ice Melt Faster?
Sneezy the Snowman Book Companion
Follow me on instagram @missashleesclass for more classroom ideas and products!
Keywords: Sensory bin, winter activities, counting, number recognition, matching, following directions, center activities, AAC device users, special education and Autism resource