Also included in
- Empower yourself to support a child with sensory processing challenges with the Sensory Processing Starter Kit! The digital products in this starter kit will take you from overwhelmed to understanding sensory processing and give you tips, tools, and strategies to support a child you know who is stru$20.00$38.99Save $18.99
Have you ever felt like others just don’t get it when it comes to Sensory Processing?
Do you wish that you had better tools to help prevent your child’s or student’s sensory meltdowns?
Do you want to understand your child's or student’s behavior?
Are you looking for sensory activities for your home or classroom?
Do you need ideas for accommodating students with sensory processing challenges in the classroom?
Are you a therapist looking for an all-in-one guide to sensory processing to share with families, clients, or co-workers?
With Sensory Processing Explained, discover…
- easy to understand sensory information that you can share with parents and educators to help explain a child’s behavior
- how to explain sensory processing to those who just don’t get it
- what calming techniques and strategies can work during a sensory meltdown
- easy sensory ideas to replicate at home
- how teachers can accommodate kids with sensory processing challenges
- strategies and activities that can be used with an entire classroom
- information on all eight sensory systems and how they can affect behaviors (plus strategies and activities that can help with regulation)
- just figuring out where to begin if you feel a child could be struggling with sensory processing
Plus get amazing informational printables that make it easy to share about sensory processing with families, clients, or co-workers.
You’ll gain the tools you need to help your child or student navigate their senses. You will also find strategies and activities that will benefit all children.
Sensory Processing Explained was written by an Occupational Therapy Assistant and mom of seven children. They use their unique experiences as a parent of children with sensory processing disorder and working in the classroom setting with children of various sensory processing challenges.
This book is three books in one so that you will get exactly what sensory processing information is right for your situation. It was written with easy to understand terms and language so that you can feel confident in explaining your child or student’s sensory processing struggles with parents, family, friends, or co-workers.
The first handbook digs into what sensory processing is, looking at the difference between meltdowns and tantrums, calming strategies and techniques for a sensory meltdown, and giving an overview of the eight sensory systems and how they affect a child’s behavior.
In the Parent Companion Guide, learn how you can advocate for your child, create a sensory-friendly home, and find sensory tips for everyday life skills like getting dressed, sleep, and grooming. Gain confidence in providing sensory tools and activities for your child and helping them understand their own sensory preferences.
In the Educator Companion Guide, learn when you should be concerned about a student’s sensory challenges and what those challenges could look like in the classroom setting, how to create a sensory-friendly classroom for every student, how to set up a special sensory space in the classroom, and activities and strategies that require minimal tools, space, or time.
In Sensory Processing Explained, discover how sensory processing affects all children, not just those who struggle with sensory processing challenges or sensory processing disorder and how to support these sensory processing development skills at home and in the classroom.