Products in this Bundle (3)
Get your students writing complete sentences in no time with this sentence activities bundle! These activities are perfect for back to school, winter, and spring. We all know that students can really struggle to identify the fragments and run on sentences that need to be corrected in their work - and this resource will help them do that, while they are learning what makes a sentence complete.
In each resource, you will find the tools for students to learn about fragments, run-ons, and complete sentences. Your students will distinguish the differences between them through sorting, practice pages, and even short quizzes. There are also activities for building complete sentences with subjects and predicates. Each set comes with vocabulary posters as well!
This Bundle Includes:
These sentence writing activities are perfect for centers, small group instruction, independent work, or whole class directed instruction.
Included in each sentence writing activities resource:
- 24 cards for sorting fragments, run on sentences, and complete sentences
- Create Your Own sorting cards for students to transfer learning
- Sorting mats and headers
- 6 sentence writing practice pages
- 2 quiz options
- 24 subject/predicate cards for building complete sentences
- Vocabulary posters (black and white or color)
- Answer keys for all practice pages
This resource provides engaging instruction about complete sentences in multiple formats:
- Hands on sorting activities to get students thinking and analyzing fragments, run-ons, and complete sentences
- Building sentences with subject and predicate cards
- Practice pages to identify and correct fragments, run-ons, and to identify complete sentences
- Practice pages to make complete sentences
- Quizzes to show what they have learned
In my classroom, I use this resource three times a year to give students the opportunity to review and practice. This will give you the opportunity to see how students grow and change!
You may also like…
Copyright © The Craft of Teaching
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.