Check out these how to build sentences posters and reference rings! If your students struggle writing and building complete sentences this resource will be perfect for your classroom. Writing sentences can be difficult but these tips make it super easy for every student to write complete sentences.
How to Use the CAVES---5 Parts of a Sentence---Poster and Reference Sheets Pack
Welcome to another Tricky Tricks to Help It Stick Writing Poster and Reference Sheets set! In this set you will find CAVES---the 5 Parts of a Sentence.
This 10-set posters pack about the five parts of a sentence contains the following:
(1) Ten colored posters
(2) Ten black and white posters
(3) Ten half-page “posterettes” for Reference Rings or Notebook Sheets in color
(4) Ten half-page “posterettes” for Reference Rings or Notebook Sheets in black and white
All of the Tricky Tricks Posters and Reference Sheets have multiple uses:
(1) Introduce the concept you are about to work on using the posters as visuals (the many tricks and tips on the posters are great “teaching” material!)
(2) Hang the posters on a Writing Wall or bulletin board so students see them continually
(3) Use the half-page sheets for Reference Rings or Notebook Sheets that each student has during the study of that topic (ring all of the 5 Parts of a Sentence together or all of the Lie/Lay sheets together, for example)
(4) Use the half-page sheets for Notebooks containing all the Tricky Trick Writing Sheets (with dividers!) to build upon as each writing trick is learned
(5) Move this set of posters to one side or the other and add the next set of posters to the wall or bulletin board to show links between the concepts. (Since CAVES posters teach the 5 Parts of a Sentence, you could next do the 5 Parts of a Paragraph---OCCTI posters ,and these poster sets can be side by side for further teaching and understanding.)
Check my store frequently for upcoming related products including “8 Parts of Speech in 8 Weeks” teaching and worksheets; other posters (Tricky Tricks to Help It Stick ELA Posters, Wacky Words Posters, and more); Think Fast Grammar Quizzes; Parts of Speech Grammar Quizzes; and more!
Want to learn how to use all of my products? I run a weekly videocast/podcast called “How I Teach….” in which I teach how I teach language arts, grammar, writing, spelling, vocabulary, and more! https://languageartsladyblog.com/howiteach/
Did you know you earn TPT credits for leaving feedback? I am grateful for feedback and would love to know how you used the resources with your students.
Please contact me with any questions! email@example.com
Aka language arts lady