Working on sentence grammar can be challenging for students without visual representation. This activity uses both pictures and words to work on sentence order and grammar.
For students to be able to construct grammatically correct sentences, they need to know that individual words make up sentences when they are ordered in the correct way. If they have a picture to associate that sentence with, comprehension and application is improved.
This download contains:
- A 16 page printable worksheet activity with sentences ranging from 3-5 words that target pronouns, action words, articles, adjectives. Students use the word bank on the right side of the page to create a sentence on the sentence strip provided about the picture. In this portion, they will decide which word needs capitalization and where to add punctuation.
- A digital BOOM learning activity with 15 task cards that students slide words onto a sentence strip to create a sentence of 3-4 words in length.
Before you download this you understand the following:
- This download is a combination of a printable worksheet activity and a non printable, digital learning resource that was designed to use in the Boom Card Program.
- To use Boom Cards, you must open at least a FREE Boom Learning account. Free accounts include the ability to generate student progress reports for 5 students and to make up to five decks. Free accounts also allow you to assign Boom Cards to unlimited students (without progress reports) using the Fast Play option available in the Library.
For the BOOM CARD activity, you will need:
- A computer, laptop, tablet, or Chromebook
- An internet browser that is less than 3 years old (OR the free BOOM app)
- A Boom Learning account (FREE!)
- An internet connection that students can use on a computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard to access the games
How to access your activity:
After you make the purchase, you will have the option to print your worksheets and download a PDF with instructions and a link. You’ll click the link to add the task card deck to your Boom library (if you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to set up a free one when you click the link).
What does this download allow?
One license allows you (one SLP/teacher/educator) to use the worksheets and BOOM activity with all of your students. You can print the worksheets and send home with students or share in a password protected digital classroom or drive.
You can assign the game on the BOOM platform as homework if you like. This PDF must NOT be shared in any way. If you want to share it with a co-worker, please send them to this page to download it for themself!
After using this product in therapy or in your classroom, please return to this page and leave meaningful feedback to help others determine their need for this product as well!
For more no prep worksheets in my store, CLICK HERE!