Tired of boring, choppy sentences from your students? This resource will end that problem by:
- helping students become aware of the methods they can use to build strong and varied sentences.
- giving them the vocabulary they will need to understand the process
- reinforcing the skill of sentence expanding
In the resource you will find:
- Three lessons that focus on different aspects of sentence expanding
- Detailed slideshows to guide your instruction
- Exercises and answer keys for each lesson
- A variety of activities for both groups and individual students
Teachers are saying:
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ This really helped my students expand their sentences, and I have 7th graders! It broke the steps down for them, and we now practice in their Writer's Notebooks, so I can see what they've learned. Great resource!
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ I used this with my 9-10th grade the first two weeks of school as bell ringers and will be using it with 8th pretty soon. I love how easy it is to put together and worth the results in the end.
The exercises and activities focus on simple and complex sentences; the product does NOT do a deep dive into all sentence types. Instead, it reviews the vocabulary that students will need to do the activities for sentence expansion. I have often found this process difficult because the kids no longer have the vocabulary that relates to sentence construction. In my district, students don’t parse sentences and never have to identify terms on a test. I feel that is a good thing. However, it makes it difficult to have the conversations we need to have with them about building strong, effective sentences. This product was created to help them do so.
If you're looking for something to help you teach sentence types, you might like to check out:
You might also like:
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
Copyright © ROOM 213
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.