Also included in
- Teaching kids to read is easy! Phonics & Spelling, Book 2, introduces young ESL students to reading, writing, and spelling in English. Step by step, students learn to phonetically sound out and spell words in a CVC pattern and to read simple sentences. The worksheets also teach students easy sig$38.00$47.50Save $9.50
Fishing isn't just for the ABCs! Your emergent readers will love this game! This Sentence Fishing activity set corresponds to the reading lessons in Phonics & Spelling, Book 2, but is also compatible with any phonics curriculum! The print-ready pdf file includes a 102-word vocabulary bank plus blank fish for creating your own sentences! The fish can be used like any set of flashcards and even used for a classroom board display! Be sure to check out the preview!
To play, make "fishing poles" with a stick, string, and a magnet. Fix paperclips to each fish and voila! Instant fun! I recommend laminating the fish and you'll have this activity set for many years.
The sentences in this activity are not exclusive to but include:
- A cat on a mat.
- A fan on a van.
- A hat on a lap.
- A cat on a bed.
- A red pen and a red cap.
- A wet pet in a net.
- A big pig in a wig.
- My pet hen is in a big pit.
- I win the big van!
- The pot on the log is hot.
- The dog and the cat are in the van.
- The top and the cap are on my lap.
- I like to jog in the sun.
- A red and green bug is on my mug.
- The cat and the dog run on the rug.
Donald's English Classroom has more fishing games!
Visit Donald's English Classroom for more games, flashcards, charts, and textbooks!
Click on the green star near my logo to follow my TpT store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and special deals!
Did you know you can get credits to use on any purchase in any TpT store just by leaving feedback? After you've used a product from a TpT seller, please take a minute to return to leave feedback. It's very much appreciated and it's an easy way to earn credits that save you money on your next purchase!