If your students are anything like mine, they REALLY struggle with sentence structure. I spend countless hours writing the same thing on papers: sentence fragment, run-on. UGH! I use the presentation to hit the “high notes” of fragments and run-ons. Many of my struggling readers and writers become overwhelmed when the terminology sounds foreign (ex. Coordinating conjunction). This presentation gives the students the basic building blocks to not only recognize fragments and run-ons but also to correct them.
I allow my students to use the guide for eliminating fragments + run-ons as they write several assignments. Even though their paragraphs are rarely perfect, they do start to see how sentences are formed. They can eliminate several grammatical issues in syntax when they use the guides. This makes my grading time shorter and easier. ☺
When you purchase this product, you'll receive:
- Presentation on Run-ons and Fragments with plenty of practice built-in
- Student workbook for guided notes and practice
- Answer keys for each activity
- 2 guides for students to check their own writings for fragments and/or run-ons
- Game to help students sort sentences AND correct them