This is more difficult than it looks! Each card has letters that represent any sentence that your student wants it to be. Students must brainstorm ways to write a complete sentence using each set of letters without making substitutions or changing the order.
This forces students to
1) gain a deeper understanding of subject and predicate
2) engage higher level thinking by searching for synonyms
3) utilize their dictionaries or other website resources to look for a word that matches the letter they need
4) see the way adverbs and adjectives help complete an idea so the reader has a better visual of what the writer is describing
5) give them complete control as to what the final product looks like.
This product starts simple with 2 word sentences. This is a great introduction younger grades or even older grade than need a gentle reminder. It naturally reviews subject and predicate while allowing students to be creative. Throughout the cards, learners will go from simple two word sentences to eight word sentences and even a go at an 11 word sentence!
An answer key is included ONLY to help the teacher who made need examples to students or may want to give students a few words and see if they can fill in the blanks. Of course, ideally, students will create their own sentences that look completely different than mine!
Click here to see other products in my store