Do you have students who know their sight words? Are they starting to become familiar with COLORS and reading simple sentences? Then this is the perfect activity for them to do during center time! This activity can be used for writing or word work centers. It can be EASILY DIFFERENTIATED for students who are sounding out words to students who are still using picture clues.
This packet comes with 12 sentence scrambles with words only and 12 sentence scrambles that have picture clues, as well as paper to paste and write on!
COLOR WORDS used: black, blue, brown, gray, green, orange, pink, purple, red, tan, white, yellow
SIGHT WORDS used: a, at, are, come, for, from, get goes, has have, he, I, is look she, that, the, this, up, will, you
For this activity students will:
- read sight words in a sentence
- sound out simple words OR use pictures clues (for differentiated instruction)
- identify the capital and period in a sentence
- sequence words to make sense
I provided two types of paper for students to paste on. They can:
1. Cut, sequence, and paste using the box paper.
2. Cut, sequence, paste, AND WRITE using the box paper with the lines. (shown in thumbnail preview)
You can have students do 2 sentences at a time or 4 sentences at a time. I already did this as a word work center with my kindergarteners and they LOVED it! I plan on creating more sentence scrambles that target different skills and sight words so FOLLOW ME for updates!
Thanks so much for downloading my FIRST product!
Happy Teaching! :)