Support both written and spoken language across AND within grade levels with these Sentence Starter Scaffolds. This packet uses 16 easy to understand visual scaffolds starting from simple-to-complex sentences by showing your students what parts they need to include in their sentence.
NOTE: This product is part of a money saving Sentence Scaffolding Bundle!
So please do not purchase this product if you want the bundle
Including a mixture of B&W and color, you can use this one product to extend
your advanced learners or adapt easily
to students who need to work right back at a simple sentence level. Target your Writing and Language standards and goals as this packet aligns with CCS from K-4 (please see list). You may also find these applicable to older students who access special education.
• 4x simple sentence scaffolds (e.g. Who-Action-What)
• 4x 'when' sentence scaffolds (e.g. When-Who-Action-Where)
* 4x 'how' sentence scaffolds (e.g. Who-Action-How)
• 4x 'why' sentence scaffolds to encourage complex sentences using conjunctions (Who-Action-Where-Why)
•16x B&W sentence worksheets containing each scaffold at the top and lines to write 10 sentences for each structure
• 16x black & white MINI scaffold strips
• 28x (14 color, 14 B&W) individual cards to create your own flexible scaffolds
• 7x question scaffolds to teach each individual structure of the scaffolds
What people are saying about using this resource
"Love not having to reinvent the wheel every time I need a sentence scaffold for a child."
"So practical and easy to implement".
I hope you get as much SUCCESS with these as I have! I'd love to hear any comments or feedback.
☀ Follow Me ☀ Visit my Blog
see me on Pinterest