These sentence starters help students cite text evidence to support their answers. Great for test prep. These mini-posters contain sentence stems to help students write constructed response answers to text-based questions.
These mini-posters help students get their thoughts and answers into words as they learn to develop and write quality answers.
Often students can find the answers in the text, but they aren’t sure how to put their thoughts into words. These mini-posters and reference cards give students a jump start by eliminating uncertainty and providing confidence.
- Set 1 - 24 mini-posters (2 mini-posters are on one 8 1/2" x 11" page) with NO images.
- Set 2 - 24 mini-posters (2 mini-posters are on one 8 1/2" x 11" page) including images.
- Set 3 - 24 mini-posters (2 mini-posters are on one 8 1/2" x 11" page) with BLACK background.
- Set 4 - 24 mini-posters (2 mini-posters are on one 8 1/2" x 11" page) with plain (no background) color - PRINT ONTO BRIGHT COLORED PAPER to save on ink!
- 24 small reference cards - white with black lettering to save on printing costs (task card sized)
You receive 4 SETS of posters - choose your favorite!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SIMILAR SETS <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
This set contains the same sentence starters, but the style is different.
These reference posters include direct quotations and indirect quotations along with an example of how to use the writing stem.
The writing stem is printed at the top of each poster with an example provided below. Direct and indirect quotes are identified along the top left corner.
A page containing tips that I've used in my own upper elementary through middle school classes is included along with an explanation of the posters labeled "Connectors."
This resource is NOT EDITABLE.