Sentence Starters Posters for Citing Evidence and Text Dependent Analysis
What educators are saying
These text-dependent analysis sentence starters help students cite text evidence to support their answers. Great for test prep. These mini-posters contain textual evidence writing stems (sentence stems) to help students write constructed response answers to text-based questions, also known as TDA text-dependent analysis.
These mini-posters help students put their thoughts and answers into words as they develop and write quality answers.
Using the RACE or RACES strategy? Perfect! These sentence starters work perfectly with the RACES method of constructed response writing for text-dependent analysis.
>>> Check out the RACE and RACES set here! <<<
Often students can find the answers in the text, but they aren’t sure how to write their answers. These mini-posters and reference cards give students a jump start by eliminating uncertainty and providing confidence.
- Set 1 - 24 mini-posters (2 mini-posters are on one 8 1/2" x 11" page) with NO images.
- Set 2 - 24 mini-posters (2 mini-posters are on one 8 1/2" x 11" page) including images.
- Set 3 - 24 mini-posters (2 mini-posters are on one 8 1/2" x 11" page) with BLACK background.
- Set 4 - 24 mini-posters (2 mini-posters are on one 8 1/2" x 11" page) with plain (no background) color - PRINT ONTO BRIGHT COLORED PAPER to save on ink!
- 24 small reference cards - white with black lettering to save on printing costs (task card sized)
- Student bookmarks (you'll print 4 per page) are an excellent reference for students.
You receive 4 SETS of posters - choose your favorite!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SIMILAR SET <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
This set contains the same sentence starters, but the style is different.
SPEECH BUBBLE Sentence Starters Poster Set - CLICK HERE to check them out
These reference posters include direct quotations and indirect quotations, along with an example of using the writing stem.
The writing stem is printed at the top of each poster, with an example provided below. In addition, direct and indirect quotes are identified along the top left corner.
A page containing tips I've used in my upper elementary through middle school classes is included, along with an explanation of the posters labeled "Connectors."
This resource is NOT EDITABLE.
Click here to FOLLOW my Teachers Pay Teachers Store for sales and new resources at 50% off!