I created this lesson for my students to try to teach them basic punctuation and grammar by learning sentence structure in a progressive way.
- Know what makes an independent clause.
- Know how to combine independent clauses appropriately (semicolons; FANBOYS)
- Know what makes a dependent clause.
- Know how to put an independent and dependent clause together and punctuate appropriately.
- Do this in many different ways and recognize what you are doing.
I will be uploading this file that has parts explained on the paper - but will also upload separately a file with a student version where the basics are first taught. Also, I will upload additional practice worksheets for each section.
This is one I'm proud of. I hope it goes well for you!