Have fun teaching sentence structure with these hands on sentence structure cards. Simply print out the pages and cut! Your students will be fully engaged and have a blast figuring out how to construct the four different types of sentence structures outside of their textbook. All of the cards have a “movie theater” theme to grab students interest. This lesson is student tested in both middle school and high school. In both levels the lesson quickly became a competition for who could create the different type of sentences first. Grammar should be fun, so grab some scissors and bring learning to life.
In this packet you will find the following:
• Three pages of independent and subordinate sentence strips
• Six conjunction sentence strips.
• Instructions and example sentences
Before using the sentence strips your students will need:
• Knowledge of the four basic sentence structures
• Understanding of independent and subordinate clauses
• Knowledge of coordinating conjunctions: and, but, for, nor, or, yet, so.
You may also like a Sentence Structure Test: