Sentence Structure: Simple, Compound, Complex, and Compound-Complex Sentences
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This grammar bundle has more than enough grammar lessons, resources, activities, and quizzes for the entire school year! With more than 400 EDITABLE PowerPoint slides and more than 300 pages of grammar teaching materials, this bundle will help you improve your students' grammar.This grammar bundle iPrice $149.00Original Price $251.91Save $102.91
- Introduce sentence structure to your students with this sentence structure teaching bundle. This bundle includes a PDF file with student materials, a mini flip book, and an editable PowerPoint presentation. This resource includes:- a 42 slide, editable, animated, color-coded PowerPoint- a 42 page, sPrice $12.50Original Price $13.50Save $1.00
- This mega grammar bundle for secondary ELA is a traditional print-only resource for in-person instruction, and it has more than enough grammar lessons, resources, activities, and quizzes for the entire school year! With more than 400 EDITABLE PowerPoint slides and more than 300 pages of grammar teacPrice $124.00Original Price $152.22Save $28.22
Make teaching sentence structure fun, engaging, and hands-on! This sentence structure resource is a complete teaching unit with materials for direct instruction, student practice, and assessment.
⭐️ 2023 UPDATE: This unit now includes both the print and the digital files!
In this unit, students will learn about the four types of sentence stricture: simple sentences, compound sentences, complex sentences, and compound-complex sentences.
Here's what you'll get with this sentence structure resource:
- a 41-slide, editable, animated, color-coded PowerPoint AND Google Slides™ presentation
- 19 usable student pages (PDF and Google Docs™)
- a diagnostic pre-test
- multiple worksheets
- a hands-on classroom activity
- a final test
- answer keys
Your students will love learning about sentence structure, and they will see an immediate improvement in their writing when they begin to write with a varied sentence structure as they learn to include simple sentence, compound sentences, complex sentences, and compound-complex sentences in their writing. It will help them improve their grammar skills!
The instructional slide breaks sentence structure down to the basics, which makes it easier for students to grasp. First, students learn about subjects and predicates because this is the basis for understanding sentence structure. Then, they learn about the difference between independent and dependent clauses. Finally, the PowerPoint teaches each sentence structure type with detailed examples. Before you know it, your students will master this concept and be able to write amazing compound-complex sentences.
Prep is quick and easy... Just print the student pages, gather the materials listed, and you're ready for a fun and engaging class! Or you can also choose the digital options!
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Bridget M. says, "Thank you for sharing. I work with students with severe emotional disorders and behaviors. (They rarely find any assignments enjoyable.) Your resource was extremely helpful for me to track specific IEP goals. Thank you for making my job easier and helping me save time."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jenny H. says, "This resource includes everything you need to successfully teach and assess sentence structure. I am very pleased with this purchase."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Bethany A. says, "My students did well with this resource after we took notes to test their prior knowledge of basic sentence structures. I pulled certain activities I wanted them to focus on. Great resource!"
You may also like…
* Follow my store by clicking HERE, so you don’t miss out on sales and new resources
* Please provide feedback on this resource. Doing so will help you earn TPT credits that you can apply toward future purchases! It’s like FREE TPT cash!
© The Daring English Teacher, Inc.
All rights reserved. License good for single-classroom use only.
The PDF is sold as a secured file.