Also included in
- This money-saving bundle includes 9 sets of task cards (288 cards total) to help your students understand sentence structure and write better sentences. Some of the cards are multiple-choice, which is great for games and test prep, while others require students to write sentences given a specific se$22.37$28.37Save $6.00
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get clos$272.93$372.93Save $100.00
This is a differentiated, double set of task cards for helping students understand three types of sentences: simple, compound, and complex. The first 32 cards are multiple-choice and focus on identifying types of sentences. The second set (also 32 cards) requires students to work with the three types of sentences; adding or taking away phrases to change the sentence type, or in some cases, combining sentences or separating them. Students will need to be familiar with independent and dependent clauses, and conjunctions before working with these cards.
There is also a digital version using TpT's new digital tool. After purchase, click the white “Open in Easel" button on this page. This will give you access to a digital overlay where students can select their answers and type into answer boxes. You can edit the digital overlay or use it as is. You can even assign it in Google Classroom!
These task cards are perfect for test prep and will work well at literacy centers, stations, for partner work, or with the whole class using a game like Scoot. Student answer sheets are provided for both sets as well as answer keys. There are also Challenge Cards that can be used with any other card to extend the activity. In addition, a student handout and three posters are included as reminders for your students.
Print this set out in color. For black and white printing, please use the included blackline version. If you are printing in black and white, consider printing on colored paper. Simply print and cut along the guidelines. Laminate and use them again and again. Alternatively, you could print on cardstock. It works well to keep them in a baggie. Another option is to hole-punch a corner of each card and put them all on a ring.
Included in this product:
- Two sets of task cards, 32 cards each
- A Cover Card for each set
- A total of 4 Challenge Cards
- Student answer sheets and answer keys for each set
- A student handout and three posters
- Black and white versions of all cards, handout, and posters
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom