Students will review four sentence types (declarative, interrogative, imperative, and exclamatory), as well as the punctuation marks that go with each type of sentence. The escape room task cards contain 80 total sentences that are great for review, beginning of year assessment, and sentence type group work.
This product IS included in my escape room bundle:
Secondary English Escape Room Bundle
Your download includes
* 12 task cards determining the type of sentence (4 sentences per card)
* 8 task cards determining which punctuation mark should end each sentence (4 sentences per card)
* one practice task card to model for students how to fill in answer code
* teacher & student instructions for Google and non-Google facilitation
* answer key for codes and secret phrases if teacher-led
* teacher tips page
* four different Google forms with four different secret phrases
* teacher tips in case escape room runs longer than one class period
In the Google-led facilitation (a quicker version), students input answers from their task cards into a Google Form and are automatically told if their code is correct for each card and are awarded a letter toward the secret phrase. There are four different Google forms that receive the same numeric codes but four different “secret phrases.”
In teacher-led facilitation (a lengthier version), teachers will check answers for students and award letters toward the secret phrase.
This product works best if used as a review after students are familiar with types of sentences. Facilitation of the game (from me giving instructions to the first group solving the secret phrase) takes anywhere from 15-40 minutes depending on grade level of students and familiarity with sentence types and punctuation.
Want to create a customized escape room bundle?
Custom Escape Room Bundle
Looking for other escape room products?
Sentence Structure Escape Room
Parts of Speech Escape Room
Subject Verb Agreement Escape the Room
Pronoun Antecedent Agreement Escape the Room
Crucible Escape the Room
Comma Review Escape the Room