Need a solid sentence structure (types of sentences) unit? This bundle contains so many sentence types goodies. Because I believe understanding sentence types is at the heart of good student writing, I spend a lot of time and energy making quality materials that students will understand and enjoy. If you want your students to understand the four basic types of sentences: simple sentences, compound sentences, complex sentences, and compound-complex sentences, this unit is what you need. It takes a scaffolded approach to learning sentence types by starting with basic skills and working up to those that are more advanced.
In this sentence structure bundle, you will have access to:
Simple and Compound Sentences
- PDF Presentation
- Guided Notes
- 2 Practice Worksheets
- Terminology Matching Activity
- Flashcards Study Tool/Assignment
- Quiz to track growth
- Answer Keys
- Subordinating Conjunctions & Dependent Clauses PDF Presentation and Notes
- Relative Pronouns PDF Presentation and Notes
- Complex Sentences PDF Presentation and Notes
- Practice Exercises built into presentations for chunking and guided practice
- 4 Practice Assignments
- Three Quizzes
- A Subordinating Conjunction and Relative Pronoun List
- Answer Keys
Compound-Complex Sentences Lesson
- Compound-Complex Sentences PDF Presentation (guided practice included)
- Guided Notes to accompany Presentation
- 5 Sentence Types Assignment, including the following products which are also sold individually:
Sentence Types Practice
Grocabulary Types of Sentences
- Sorting Activity
- Answer Keys for All
And, I'm including a suggested unit plan so that you are not overwhelmed by all the practical materials in this bundle! Stay tuned for future additions (activities and a unit test) to this go-to resource!
If you like this product, you may also be interested in other grammar items available in my store, like these:
Grammar Games Bundle
Verbals Unit Bundle
Subjects and Predicates Bundle
Rules for Commas & Semicolons
Sentence Fluency Lesson
And more here
Stay in touch:
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales and new products!
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases...bonus! Plus, I'd love to hear from you.
© 2017 The Reading & Writing Haven
All rights reserved by author.
Duplication limited to single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.