This SUPER FUN packet will help your students BUILD complete sentences using sentence structure.
They will practice and STRENGTHEN their writing and reading skills. They will practice and recognize SUBJECT-VERB AGREEMENT, capitalization, ending punctuation and sight words.
They will also improve their VOCABULARY with this packet.
This resource is part of my Writing Station Growing Bundle (Save over 40% in 8 resources)
The train and flashcards are excellent for VISUAL LEARNERS. You can use them all year long as a reminder that students can refer back to or just to introduce your unit.
The flash cards of verbs come in three versions (SINGULAR, PLURAL and SINGULAR/PLURAL), which will help your students understand subject-verb agreement.
The flash cards look nice on card stock.You can either print them SINGLE or DOUBLE SIDED. You could also laminate them or just hole-punch a corner of each flash card and put them on a ring to keep them handy at your writing station.
Additionally, this packet includes WORKSHEETS with three different versions of LINES to help your students produce their own sentences. They also include CHECKBOXES to remind capitalization, spacing, ending punctuation and sentence structure.
ALL THE ACTIVITIES OF THIS PACKET ARE COMMON CORE ALIGNED CCSS.ELA-LITERACY (RF.1.1.A) (SL.1.6) (L.1.2.B).
What do you need to assemble this train?
You need to print, cut, laminate and paste.
Materials you need:
Cardstock or paper, scissors, glue, and/or tape.
The train will be a great addition to your writing center area or in any other area that students can access to independently, in case they need ideas to write their own sentences.
Use it as a morning activity, a center or to play games with your students.
Students will love the cute children clip arts on the train.
If you want to take a closer look, check out the preview. ☺
This super adorable packet includes:
• Poster Version of the Train (to paste straight or in any other creative way).
• Train to Assemble with 5 Train Cars (Engine, Who?, Does what?, When?/Where? and a caboose reminding Capitalization and Ending Punctuation).
• 84 Flash Cards (in total) which are divided by Sentence Structure: Who?, Does What? and When or Where?. These Flash Cards can be inserted into the cars to help students identify each part of the sentence.
• (4) Back Sides of the Flash Cards (Who?, Does what?, When? and Where?).
• (18) Flash cards of Singular Nouns.
• (6) Flash cards of Plural Nouns.
• (24) Flash Cards of Verbs in three versions (Singular, Plural and Singular/Plural) (72 in total).
• (18) Flash Cards of Location.
• (18) Flash Cards of Time.
• (4) Pages of Instructions (with photographs), Suggestions for Use and GAMES.
• (5) Worksheets.
**If you already bought the Anchor Chart Packet
, you'll see that I used on the flash cards of this packet the same color of the anchor charts, so kids will easily identify the sentence structure with the same colors.
Be sure to “follow me” to receive freebies and to be notified of 50% Off new products for the first 48 hours!
Click on the green
"Follow Me" star at the top of my TPT STORE
I value your feedback greatly! ♥
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this product, please do not hesitate to contact me before rating it.
I will provide a response to your concern and fix any possible inconvenience or typo.
Find me on Instagram:@pats.learning.corner