⭐This sentence-writing activity now includes sounds and a built-in brain break to reward your students in their sentence-writing. ⭐
✅ Daily Write-It Digital Writing Activity is a digitally guided classroom routine that has now been converted to GOOGLE SLIDES. Click here to try NOW on Google Slides.
✅Daily Write-It Simple Sentences Writing Activity also comes in a PowerPoint Version (for use on Smartboards.) Due to the large size of these files, the PPT version must be downloaded from Google Drive. Find the download link in the "aaa Start Here aaa" file.
⭐Looking to give your students more confidence in their Sentence Writing? Teaching students to form a sentence correctly (with punctuation, finger-spacing and spelling practice) can be tricky when everyone has different writing abilities AND is writing different sentences.
What if I told you that you can SIMPLIFY the process of how to teach sentence writing and it only takes 10 minutes each day?
⭐Want to try this routine before committing? I have a FREE Sentence Writing Toolkit here on my website. www.teachertoni.com/writingsentences
✏What is the Daily Write-It: Dictated Sentence Writing Activity?
It is a quick (10 minute or less) sentence writing routine you will do daily with your students to teach and scaffold their sentence formation. Here are the steps:
1. Provides students with the Daily-Write It Writing Paper (with writing space and sentence self-check area.)
2. Display the Daily-Write It presentation, complete with a visual to help your students.
3. You dictate the sentence, have your students repeat.
4. Work together to determine the number of words and correct punctuation. Circle on the Daily Write-It presentation and students mark it on their Sentence-Writing paper.
5. Students begin writing. Give them as much or as little time as you feel they need. This time varies in Kindergarten and First Grade.
6. Circulate the room to see their independent sentence-writing level, providing individualized instruction as needed.
7. End independent writing time (around 2-5 minutes) and formatively assess student progress by seeing how they did.
8. You model the correct sentence on the Daily Write-It presentation (pre-written version included) and give students time to correct their work.
9. You do a 2nd check of students' corrected sentences to end the routine.
10. Just because they've EARNED IT, follow up with a fun and rewarding brain break. :)
Learn more about this Sentence Writing Routine:
Watch my video about this sentence writing strategy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWSGAEVyNeU&t=1s
Listen to a Podcast episode where I explain why it works: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/sentence-writing-made-easy-simple-power-house-strategy/id1524821367?i=1000495691725
What is included in this Sentence Writing Activity?
Included in this set are 50 days of dictated sentence writing cues in a SMARTBOARD or printable format. Also included is a wonderful Student Writing Page resource with a self-check area for students to check their:
· Finger Spacing
· 2 Reads for Fluency Practice
Want to continue the Daily Write-It Routine after this set is complete? Check out the new Daily Write-It: First Grade Skills Pack by CLICKING HERE!
Love classroom learning routines? You may also be interested in:
I have spent many hours to create this product and am sincerely invested in your success with it. Please e-mail me with any questions or concerns. firstname.lastname@example.org
God Bless you and yours!