Sentences, Clauses, and Conjunctions is a Common Core-aligned Mini Unit with TWO COMPLETE LESSONS that use Journal and Sentence Writing Practice, engaging hands-on activities, and an Expository Writing Project to identify and properly use:
• Simple, Compound, and Complex Sentences
• Phrases, Fragments and Run-On Sentences
• Dependent, Relative, and Independent Clauses
• Coordinating and Subordinating Conjunctions
SENTENCES, CLAUSES, AND CONJUNCTIONS INCLUDES:
• Two FULL COLOR Posters-simply print, laminate, and hang in your classroom!
• Two COMPLETE Lessons with highlighted Text Features for better Comprehension
• Close Journal Activities featuring Main Ideas and Details (great for Interactive Notebooks!)
• Common Core Practice 1: Recognizing Sentences and Fragments
• Common Core Practice 2: Using Relative Adverbs Where, When, and Why
• Common Core Practice 3: Identifying Coordinating and Subordinating Conjunctions
• Common Core Practice 4: Recognizing Run-Ons and Using Commas Correctly
• Non-Fiction Informational Text article about Sojourner Truth and Harriet Tubman
• Compare and Contrast Circle Chart (Sojourner Truth and Harriet Tubman)
• Compare and Contrast Essay-we take students through entire Writing Process!
In addition, students will make and play the FULL COLOR Sentences, Clauses, and Conjunctions Game "On A Mission" to practice and reinforce concepts learned. (All game materials included!)
Sentences, Clauses, and Conjunctions, aligned with the 4th Grade Common Core READING, WRITING, and LANGUAGE Standards (See Preview for Standard Alignment), can be purchased separately, or as part of our 4TH GRADE COMMON CORE LANGUAGE UNIT + 17 FULL COLOR CONTENT POSTERS
We've included color copies of the Sentences, Clauses, and Conjunctions lessons for your White Board, black and white versions of the lessons and activities to make copies for your students, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level writing activities.
Download the Sentences, Clauses, and Conjunctions Preview to see the complete Lesson Plan, Common Core alignment, as well as samples from the lesson and activities.
OUR OTHER SENTENCES, CLAUSES, AND CONJUNCTIONS RESOURCES:
SENTENCE TYPES – 1ST GRADE
SIMPLE AND COMPOUND SENTENCES – 2ND GRADE
SIMPLE, COMPOUND, COMPLEX SENTENCES – 3RD GRADE
OUR OTHER 4TH GRADE LANGUAGE RESOURCES:
4TH GRADE COMMON CORE LANGUAGE UNIT + FULL COLOR CONTENT POSTERS
4TH GRADE COMMON CORE DAILY LANGUAGE PRACTICE & ASSESSMENTS + FULL COLOR "I CAN" POSTERS
4TH GRADE COMMON CORE LANGUAGE "I CAN" POSTERS
4TH GRADE COMMON CORE LANGUAGE BUNDLE-INCLUDES ALL OF THE ABOVE
4TH GRADE LANGUAGE LESSONS (INCLUDED IN THE UNIT AND BUNDLE):
PREPOSITIONAL PHRASES FREEBIE
ADJECTIVES AND ADVERBS
NOUNS AND PRONOUNS
PREFIXES AND SUFFIXES
FORMAL VS INFORMAL STANDARD ENGLISH
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING SENTENCES, CLAUSES, AND CONJUNCTIONS EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2013-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.