Also included in
- Plan your 5th grade science units with these fun and engaging grade 5 science activities that your students will love. Perfect for teaching all of the science standards for the year. Makes a great fifth grade science review for the end of the year or standardized testing. These hands-on science a$85.00$135.00Save $50.00
- Everything you need to teach states of matter including: properties of matter and changing states of is here in one place. This States of Matter Bundles includes 7 resources to help you teach states of matter to your 4th, 5th and 6th grade students. These easy to print and prep lessons will engage$11.00$21.00Save $10.00
Help your 4th, 5th and 6th grade students understand the concept of separating mixtures with these hands-on, highly engaging experiments and activities. Your students will love learning about solid mixtures with these ready to use resources. These separating mixtures activities will help your students deepen their understanding of solids and matter. This 10 page resource includes teacher directions, a recording sheet for a separation of solid mixtures investigation, using tools to separate mixtures recording sheet, six investigations to separate solid mixtures, exit slips, a standards mastery checklist, and answer keys. You won’t need anything else to teach how to separate mixtures with this resource! Wondering what materials will be needed for this matter lesson? All materials are common household items and can probably be found around your house or classroom. This is to make life even easier on you! View the Preview to see exactly what you’ll find in this Separating Mixtures resource.
This resource can also be found in the ! Save 50% when purchasing the Bundle!
Separating Mixtures Lesson and Activities includes:
- Teacher Directions Page
- List of Materials Needed
- Separating Mixtures Investigation Recording Sheet
- Using Tools to Separate Solid Mixtures Recording Sheet
- 6 Investigations Cards for Separating Mixtures
- Colorful Beads
- Iron Filings from Sand
- Corks from Coins
- Small Rocks from Sand
- Paper Clips from Erasers
- Salt from Pepper
- Exit Slips: 2 options
- Mastery Checklist
- Answer Keys
Separating Mixtures Lesson and Activities covers the following standards:
- Florida Standard: SC.5.P.8.3 Demonstrate and explain that mixtures of solids can be separated based on observable properties of their parts such as particle size, shape, color, and magnetic attraction
- Texas Standard: SCI.5.5.B Matter and energy. The student knows that matter has measurable physical properties and those properties determine how matter is classified, changed, and used. The student is expected to demonstrate that some mixtures maintain physical properties of their ingredients such as iron filings and sand and water
More Fun and Engaging Science Activities:
Let’s Stay Connected!
⭐ to be notified of new products and sales
⭐ Visit the for teaching tips and ideas
⭐ Check out
Earn Free TpT Credits!
Leave feedback on your purchases to earn free TpT Credits that can be used on future purchases. Just visit My Purchases and click on Provide Feedback to leave review and earn TpT credits.