This therapeutic story for children struggling with separation anxiety and school refusal will help open the conversation about anxiety and coping skills.
The sweet story is about a puppy named Sam, who is anxious about starting school. Through reassurance and love, Sam's parents share their feelings and methods of coping with emotions.
This product includes the following:
1. Therapeutic Rhyming Story with cute graphics.
2. Twenty question task cards to be used as discussion prompts following the story.
3. A scripted letter for any identified support to fill out for later use as a transitional object.
4. A scripted letter for the student to fill out or draw on for themselves to encourage feeling expression.
5. A note to list or draw specific worries.
6. A paw print (see preview) to fill in or draw specific supports, self-talk, memories, happy places, and coping skills to implement when feeling worried. May also be used as a transitional object.
For a personalized version with same gender parents or specific character names, following your purchase email me at firstname.lastname@example.org